This is a simple search system, meaning, you can search for anything using the same function. All you need to do is place in any English, Kanji, Hiragana or Katakana word(s)/definition(s) you're looking for and hit search, it's that simple!
Please do not click the Example/Places/Names checkboxes unless you're searching for terms within those groups specifically, they won't help your results, infact they'll make them less accurate.
* * *
Boolean searching (the use of */+/-) has been disabled but due to popular demand it will be re-added.. eventually (when I have free time!, sorry got delayed...again.).
* * *
- There are no longer any boolean search functions this is a feature, it makes searching for the words you want easier.
- There is a Did you mean feature which will suggest alternatives, wether you spell it correctly or not! (sometimes mis-spellings can be actual words).
- Dictionaries - There are a total of 26 Dictionaries for you to choose from, the default is to search all, select the one you wish to search if you're honing your result set down.
- Example Sentences - If you wish to have sevral (sometimes sevral thousand) example sentances thrown at you for the term(s) you're looking for simply click the Include Example Sentences checkbox.
- Places - Place names in Japan.
- Names - Japanese names
Any and all complaints can be sent to dict -at- mahou.org.